July 4th is a holiday that is known for its festive celebrations and red, white, and blue being spread all throughout the town. Fireworks and grilling are also a huge part of this American holiday with decorations playing a part as well. If you’re throwing a July 4th party or just looking to make your home a little more festive for your July 4th celebration, we’ve got some party tips for you! July 4th decorations definitely make the holiday celebration even better and add that festive touch to the environment that you need. Whether you’re throwing a party or just looking for some July 4th inspiration, we’re here to help! Check out these July 4th decorations and add some fun to the holiday.
Popsicle Stick Flags
These July 4th decorations are a great activity to do with the kids and get them involved. All you need are some craft sticks, some paint, and a couple star stickers! These popsicle stick flags are the perfect to use for decorations or to use as an activity at a party. You can also create a flag banner from these popsicle sticks by sticking them to together on a ribbon and letting them hang! Find out how to create these festive July 4th decorations below and get the kids in on the fun.
What You Need:
- jumbo craft sticks
- paint brush or sponge
- star stickers or white paper and paper star punch
- red, white and blue craft paint
- For each popsicle stick flag, you will need 10 craft sticks. Cut three of the sticks down to 3 inches and two of the sticks down to 3 1/2 inches. The sticks are easy to cut with any household scissors.
- Next, paint the three small sticks blue, three of the large sticks red, and two of the large sticks white. The remaining two 3 1/2 inch sticks do not need to be painted.
- Glue the back of the red and white sticks to the two 3 1/2 inch sticks. Glue the three blue sticks into place. Add star stickers.
- Next, glue the wooden flags to ribbon and embellish with tied ribbon in between each flag. You are ready to hang your flag banner.
July 4th Balloon Dart Game
Though this is a more time-consuming project, the results are definitely pleasing! This is one of the July 4th decorations that actually gives you something to do. The set up creates an American flag adding to the festivities of your July 4th party. Check out what you need to set this game up and get ready to enjoy a day of fun!
What You Need:
- White Pegboard, approximately 6′ x 4′
- Red, White and Blue Balloons
- Gifts to use as prizes
- Mark off the area for the stars to create the start for your flag.
- Start at the bottom of the pegboard and take the end of the balloon and thread it through the pegboard. Leave about 5 holes between each balloon, to create the pattern of the flag.
Red, White, and Blue Cheesecake
This is one of the July 4th decorations that’s edible! This red, white, and blue cheesecake will not only keep the festivities but it definitely will please your guests. The cheesecake is not very hard to make and you will be glad you made it. Check out the recipe for this cheesecake and use it as a decorative centerpiece for your July 4th party this year!
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 3 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- Red and blue gel food coloring
- For the crust, stir together ingredients with a fork until well combined. Pack crust ingredients into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake crust at 350°F for 10 minutes, then let cool.
- For filling, add cream cheese to a stand mixer with the paddle attachment (or you can use a hand mixer). Beat until the cream cheese is very soft and fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue to beat on medium speed until completely combined, about three minutes, then add in eggs, one at a time, and continue to mix.
- Add vanilla, salt, cream, and sour cream and stir until combined.
- Divide filling into three even batches. Add an entire red gel food coloring packet to one bowl and an entire blue packet to another bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Pour blue layer into crust and spread evenly. Top with the white layer. Carefully spoon the layer onto the blue layer so it doesn’t sink into it. Use a spatula or knife to carefully spread out the layer. Repeat with the red layer.
- Bake the cake at 325°F in a hot water bath for 80-90 minutes until the center of the cake is just set.
- Turn off oven, crack the door slightly, and let the cake cool slowly for an hour.
- Transfer cake to fridge and let cool completely for 3-4 hours.
Another one of the July 4th decorations that are edible! This patriotic popcorn is perfect for people of all ages. This snack combines your favorite buttery snack with sweet candies to create the perfect snack. Whether you’re making this for a large group or just the family, it’s definitely very simple to make. Check out the recipe for this red, white, and blue snack below!
- 10 cups of popped popcorn
- 3 tbsp. butter (Sweet Cream, Salted)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Blue and Red sprinkles
- Red and Blue Regular M&M’s
- Red and Blue Pretzel M&M’s
- To make the Marshmallow Mixture for the Patriotic Popcorn, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan. Once the butter is melted, add 3 cups of mini marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are melted. Turn off the heat as soon as the last marshmallow has melted.
- Slowly pour the marshmallow mixture over the salted popcorn. Gently fold the marshmallow mixture in with the popcorn until the popcorn is mostly covered adding as much as you like.
- Then pour the popcorn onto a cookie sheet covered with foil. Drizzle a little bit of the remaining marshmallow mixture over the popcorn but do not mix it up. You will need the mixture at the top so the candy will have something to stick to.
- Once the popcorn is covered in marshmallow mixture it is time to add the candy. But don’t wait too long. You want the marshmallow mixture to still be warm and sticky. Sprinkle the candy and sprinkles onto the popcorn, concentrating on the areas with the most drizzled marshmallow mixture. Allow the Patriotic Popcorn to cool. Break apart into pieces and serve.
If you would like to contact us about our July 4th cruises, please use our live chat window. To view all of our July 4th cruises, click here.